The Matt Christie Institute of Australia
Read the terms and conditions before submitting
Terms & Conditions (Effective 5 January 2021)
Before you start the admissions process take note of the following:
1. You will need a digital copy of your passport
2. You will need a digital passport size photo
3. You will need a digital copy of your previous test results if available.
4. A Valid Credit Card or Australia Bank Account (We accept VISA, MasterCard and BPAY payments only)
5. All admissions will be subject to a mandatory diagnostic test or submission of previous English test results
Attendance is 100% unless you are sick or have compelling circumstances. Students who miss days will not receive a certificate of completion nor will they be offered a catch-up day or refund for that portion not completed.
All course fees are paid at the time of enrolment. Students will be charged the course fee, non- refundable admissions fee of A$50.
Course Prices: All prices are in Australian dollars.
Fees: All course fees are paid at the time of enrolment. Students will be charged the course fee, non- refundable admissions fee of A$50.
GST: Our courses are GST-free.
Coming to Australia from abroad to study a short course at MCIOA: Courses for candidates from abroad can only study short term courses with MCIOA on the Visitor Visa and further information can be obtained from www.border.gov.au . The Visitor Visa (Subclass) states you must not study for more than three months while in Australia. Please note: We don't issue Confirmation of Enrolments (COE'S) for people intending to study our courses for student visa applications or extensions of visas. If you intend to study a course in Australia on a student visa, please visit www.cricos.gov.au. Please note we are not a registered CRICOS provider for international students in Australia or those intending to come to Australia on a student visa.
- Course admissions will not be accepted after the course closing date, as advertised on our website www.mcioa.com.au
- It’s a student responsibility to check email and other communication platforms as the institute will not be held responsible for whether you check it on a regular basis. Good practice is to check at least once day.
Deferral of Course to a future course date: If you are enrolled to attend a course but then find you are not able to attend for any reason, you can defer the course start date. A fee of A$150 will be payable.
Withdrawing from a course: You may only withdraw from the course prior to the closing date and a A$150 withdrawal fee will be payable. The Course admissions fee and processing fee will not be refunded. Withdrawing from a course after it has started is not permitted.
Change of venue or timetable: Timetable and venues are not negotiable by students and are subject to change prior to the course start date. Venue changes will be within a 25km radius of the original venue stated and we don't refund course fees because of a venue change. We set the timetables for students and if you are absent for any day the course fees will not be refunded.
Cancellation of the course by The Matt Christie Institute of Australia:
- In the event that a course is cancelled beyond control of the institute, students will be notified immediately through one or more of the following: SMS, phone call, email, Viber, Line, What’s App or email
- If course numbers aren’t met a full refund of course fees only will be refunded to all applicants or an online course option will be provided.
- In the event that student numbers aren’t met the institute will endeavour to notify students approximately 3 weeks prior to the course start date. Please note that sometimes things happen beyond our control.
- When a course is cancelled the student will be offered an online course to the full value or a full refund of the course fees.
The Matt Christie Institute of Australia student rules:
- All students must arrive to class on time
- The use of mobile phones in class is strictly prohibited
- The use of listening devices in class such as iPods, iPads & other electronic devices are strictly prohibited
- Speaking in any language other than English in class is strictly prohibited
- Bullying of any nature of other students or faculty is strictly prohibited
- Any form of gossiping is strictly prohibited
- Respect the property of the Institute and other students
- Always provide your own stationery
- Speaking while other students are speaking is strictly prohibited, everyone has the right to speak when it is there time
- Speaking while the teacher is speaking is also strictly prohibited
- Come to class with a "can do attitude"
Materials used by The Matt Christie Institute of Australia have a copyright clause, if any student or anyone associated with a student is found to be reproducing, photocopying, displaying them on the internet, distributing them in any way or giving them to third parties will face the court of law. This is a criminal offence that will be dealt with by the appropriate government authority.
All Students must follow COVID-19 Safe Policy and procedures.
Student stationery requirements:
All students must bring the following stationery items to class each day.
Students who fail to bring the required stationery will not be able to participate in class.
-1 x Blue Pen
-1x Black Pen
-1x Red Pen
-1x Yellow highlighter
-2x 2B pencils
- Australian Dictionary
Additional items when studying online:
1 x Australian English dictionary (Heiman)
1 x Medical English dictionary (Mosby’s)
1 x stable internet connection
1 x Skype address
1 X Scanner
1 x Desk top or laptop
1 book x A4 lined paper
1 x printer
1 x speakers and headphone
I certify that the information provided on this form is true & correct. I agree to abide by the terms & conditions of enrolment, including the refund policy, which I have read & understood. By paying the fees, I agree to the terms & conditions of enrolment including the refund policy.
I understand that any request for cancellation or refund must be in writing. If no written request is received & I am absent from classes & not contactable, I will be liable for all fees to be paid in full by the due date found on the invoice.
Employment & Test Result Clause:
As a student, I understand that by undertaking the course the company can in no way offer or recommend employment for the student. It is the sole responsibility of the student to seek employment on their own merits.
I am aware that test results from formal tests such as the Occupational English Test & the IELTS Examinations or the TOEFL Examination have no formal relationship with the provider & the result I receive has no responsibility on the provider itself. The provider will not guarantee any results for students. The provider will ensure that I am prepared to undertake the exam to the best of my ability.